Saturday 29 June 2013

Guest Post - Sophie from A Hint Of Sparkle!

Don't Make me Blush

So when Charlotte took to Twitter, and asked for guest bloggers I jumped at the chance!! Rarely does a day go by when we don’t share some sort of ramblings to do with all things beauty related. 

After sorting through my ever brimming vanity the other day, I came to the realization that I may (ah okay DEFINITELY) have a weakness for blusher. After umming and ahhing over what to write about I decided that it was only right to share my top blushers with you all!! 


Beautiful packaging aside, Blushers are an essential addition to my everyday makeup. 
With just a few swipes (and in some cases serious blending) Blushers are the perfect tool for completing any look (it may be an exaggeration but I feel naked without it) 


The Creme De La Creme 
Nars Orgasm 
A cult favorite amongst bloggers (myself included) Nars Orgasm is the most perfect peachy pink blush. Although shimmery, theres no fear of looking like a disco ball, instead Orgasm leaves a beautiful and somewhat subtle hint of colour to the skin.
With pretty decent staying power its hardly surprising that Nars Orgasm is my most used blush. 

The perfect dupe
Sleek Rose Gold
Rose Gold is such a sought after blush. Hailed as a dupe for Nars Orgasm I can certainly see why. Rose Gold is pretty similar to Orgasm, although perhaps slightly more peach toned! Seriously pigmented, theres no denying that Rose Gold packs a punch, dare I say it more so than Orgasm (que gasps), so at a fraction of the price it is certainly a steal!!

(I have found Dainty Doll 004 and Benefits Bella Bamba to be somewhat similar, although I wouldn’t call them dupes) 




Best Drugstore Blush
Physicians Formula Happy Booster (Rose) 
I have to admit that I bought this down to blogger hype (and a case of crazy US drugstore shopping), and initially wasn’t blown away, however over time Rose has made its way into my top five blushers (ooo err). This blush is beautiful in the pan down to the array of pink 3d hearts!! I cant say its the most pigmented (which caused my initial disappointment) but it does however leave a beautiful finish, which makes it all the worth while. 

Physicians Formula claim that this blush creates ‘happy effects’. I cant say iv’e really noticed anything, but looking at a pretty blush is enough to make any girl smile, right?! 



 Current Weakness 
Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush (Tipsy)
I apologize in advance for this one, as I know its not readily available in the UK. After lusting after this beauty for so long I was worried it wouldn’t live up to my expectations, but I am happy to say it exceeded them. Tipsy is the most beautiful peach shade (do you see a trend here ha). Tarte claim that the blush will stay in place for up to 12 hours whilst also hydrating the skin, and I am happy to tell you that it certainly does (Tipsy was still evident on my cheeks after a full days wear). Super pigmented and easy to work with, its safe to say that Tipsy has become a firm favorite. 

The extravagant Beauty
Guerlian Meteorites 
Okay I am kind of cheating here slightly, as these little balls of pure beauty are used more as a highlight than a blush!! but there just too beautiful not to include (oh and the fact they smell like parma violets mmmm). Swirled together they create a lovely light flush of colour, and a luminous glow to the skin. 



So there we have, a peek at my favorite blushers!! 
I hope you enjoyed this post, and thanks again Charlotte for letting me write it!! 

I blog over at A Hint of Sparkle, I would love it if you came and said hello!!



A MASSIVE thank you to Sophie for writing this guest post, she writes amazing posts so you should definitely check out her blog :)
Love Charlotte xxx

6 comments:

  1. aww it looks great!! Thanks for letting me write the post lovely :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving the Tarte blush in tipsy! It's been my go to for the past couple of weeks! xx

    Daphne | Peanut Butter and Chocolate | bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sophie has chosen some lovely blushers :) xx

      Delete
  3. fab post, I also have a huge weakness for blushes so loved reading this :) Going to go and follow Sophies blog now x

    www.beautiful-solutions.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the lovely comments! I read and am grateful for every single one of them ❤