Saturday 6 July 2013

Lancome Foundation & Philosophy Primer Review - with reference to gossmakeupartist!

Hello ma'lovelys, as promised here are my reviews of the Lancome Teint Idole Ultra 24H Foundation and the Philosophy The Present Primer. 


I will start with the Philosophy The Present Primer as it is what you would apply first when doing your makeup. 
I had heard many different reviews about this product, many great ones but there was some confusion and arguments about the ingredients used within the product. 

Apparently because it contains lavender oil it could cause problems with the skin. Lavender oil is photosensitive so if you go out during the day with it on you may develop a rash. 

This being said it did make me a little weary of buying the product, however lots of reviews said it hardly ever happens, its just a reaction the ingredient has with some skin types. 

I think buying this product is a bit of a risk, especially as it costs £22. However if your up for taking a risk to find the perfect primer, you should definitely give it a whirl. 
I did and I love it!

It is a white cream but does have a slight gel consistency to it, as it feels so silky smooth when being applied. It is creamy and has quite a thick texture. I use about a 5 pence piece worth of product, and that covers my entire face nicely. It feels so smooth but is quite sticky when first applied, however not for long. The instructions say to wait about 2 minutes for the product to soak in, and once it has it dries to a lovely matte finish. You can then apply your foundation over the top.



For me it really helped my makeup last. It created a lovely smooth base for my makeup and minimized the appearance of my pores.

As the amazing Wayne from gossmakeupartist says:
'Its like super glue for the face!'




*****************************

Next up is the Lancome Teint Idole Ultra 24H Foundation.
I had never brought or used any products from Lancome until this foundation, so i didn't really know what to expect. 
I had heard loads of opinons about Lancome products, but always thought of it as an older person's brand. 

In a way yes Lancome is for older ladies as they have many great products for that type of skin. However from having such a lovely time at my local counter, I found so many amazing products for younger skin. I definitely recommend you trying some of them out. Anyways back to the review.

This is a lovely full coverage foundation. It covers all my imperfections beautifully and gives me a lovely flawless complexion.



 It leaves quite a dewy finish so I normally apply some of my Rimmel London Beautifully Matte Powder as I prefer a more of a matte finish. I got this foundation in the shade 03 which is normally a few shades darker the my natural skin, however since I have caught a bit of tan recently this is a perfection match.

 Also this foundation has SPF15 which is great for the summer to help protect you from the rays. Overall I am really happy with this foundation, exactly what I was looking for.


I hope you liked this review on these two products. 
I love them both, you should definitely check them out.

Feel free to comment below :)
Love Charlotte xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the lovely comments! I read and am grateful for every single one of them ❤